[CLUE-Talk] RedHat Sues SCO

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Aug 4 20:53:09 MDT 2003

Some quotage:

The seven count complaint is broken up into two parts. The first two are
designed to show that Red Hat's technologies do not infringe any
intellectual property of SCO.

The other five invoke the Lanham Act and ask the courts for a permanent
injunction holding SCO accountable for what CEO Matthew Szulik calls
"unsubstantiated innuendo and rumor."

"For the past two months, we have listened to these unfounded claims,"
Szulik said. "We've been patient. We've listened. But when our customers
and the whole open-source community are threatened with innuendo and
rumor, it's time to act. Our goal is to find out the truth. Our suggestion
to SCO is to 'prove it.'"

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/10791_2244211

http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2003/press_sco.html

Now if I only knew what the Lanham act was about. A findlaw.com search
comes up with too many links, none of them to useful pages -- for someone
(like me) wanting just a summary.

jed