[CLUE-Talk] "increase throughput of yer broadband 'net connection - windows users need not apply"

black at galaxy.silvren.com black at galaxy.silvren.com
Thu Aug 7 08:09:10 MDT 2003

Smoke and mirrors.

I'd venture that the way this software works is primarily by messing with
the TCP window size. This smacks of every other "connection optimizer" on
the market, for Windows or otherwise.

"In tests using off-the-shelf hardware, the CalTech scientists achieved a
speed of more than 8 Gbps, which they claim is the fastest throughput
ever."

What on earth are they talking about? Nobody has ever pushed more than
8gbps of traffic? I beg to differ.

Way too much hype in the article vs. practical information. If someone
actually used this, I'd be curious whether they can tell ANY noticeable
difference.