[CLUE-Talk] Put SCO behind bars

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Wed Aug 6 05:59:08 MDT 2003

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on this list who is fed up with
SCO... actually, I reached "fed up" not long after they filed suit
against IBM, but the shenanigans this week have really been more than
anybody should have to bear...

Ran across this article on Advagato, and it sounds like a pretty good
idea: Write the attorneys general of each state and ask them to start
investigating SCO. (http://www.advogato.org/article/695.html) I have a
feeling that if the AGs were to take this seriously, SCO would be in for
a world of hurt.

Instead of popping off an e-mail to the AG's office, I'd encourage
everyone to write a letter to their AG and see if we can't pressure the
government into doing the right thing for a change.

The piece also suggests filing for an injunction against SCO... any
lawyers on the list willing to do some pro bono work? Maybe we could
start a small CLUE fund for the purpose of giving SCO a very hard time.
(Yeah, I know it'd detract from the projector fund, but SCO's actions
are a very real threat to anyone on this list that makes a living with
Linux...)

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier