[CLUE-Talk] Put SCO behind bars

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Wed Aug 6 06:31:02 MDT 2003

At 05:59 AM 8/6/2003 -0600, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

>I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on this list who is fed up with
>SCO... actually, I reached "fed up" not long after they filed suit
>against IBM, but the shenanigans this week have really been more than
>anybody should have to bear...
>
>Ran across this article on Advagato, and it sounds like a pretty good
>idea: Write the attorneys general of each state and ask them to start
>investigating SCO. (http://www.advogato.org/article/695.html) I have a
>feeling that if the AGs were to take this seriously, SCO would be in for
>a world of hurt.

Colorado Department of Law
Attorney General Ken Salazar.
1525 Sherman St.
7th floor Denver CO 80203

(303)866-4500 FAX: (303)866-5691

>Instead of popping off an e-mail to the AG's office, I'd encourage
>everyone to write a letter to their AG and see if we can't pressure the
>government into doing the right thing for a change.
>
>The piece also suggests filing for an injunction against SCO... any
>lawyers on the list willing to do some pro bono work? Maybe we could
>start a small CLUE fund for the purpose of giving SCO a very hard time.
>(Yeah, I know it'd detract from the projector fund, but SCO's actions
>are a very real threat to anyone on this list that makes a living with
>Linux...)

I think that's where the Red Hat suit comes in.

coriez at oriez.org         Charles Oriez
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
All children should be aptitude-tested at an early age and, if their
main or only aptitude is for marketing, drowned.
       -- David Canzi, news.admin.net-abuse.email, 2001-03-21