[CLUE-Talk] Put SCO behind bars

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Wed Aug 6 06:40:50 MDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 06:31, Charles Oriez wrote:
*snip*
> >The piece also suggests filing for an injunction against SCO... any
> >lawyers on the list willing to do some pro bono work? Maybe we could
> >start a small CLUE fund for the purpose of giving SCO a very hard time.
> >(Yeah, I know it'd detract from the projector fund, but SCO's actions
> >are a very real threat to anyone on this list that makes a living with
> >Linux...)
>
> I think that's where the Red Hat suit comes in.

I don't think Red Hat's suit, alone, is enough. SCO's actions don't just
affect Red Hat itself, or just Red Hat users -- basically any person who
uses Linux is at risk so long as SCO is allowed to continue...

Having to fight off IBM, Red Hat, SuSE (in Europe) and an array of suits
in all 50 states could have a rather dramatic effect on SCO very
quickly. They've basically declared open season on all Linux companies
and users, the community should return the favor.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net