[CLUE-Talk] FW: Letter from SCO

Matthew Porter mfporter at c-creature.com
Sat Aug 16 01:16:15 MDT 2003

Wow.  I never expected this to be taken so seriously.  For the
record, it's not a real letter from SCO.  As someone else pointed
out, it's a parody Nigerian scam email that someone sent me, and
I thought it was funny enough to pass along.  Sorry if the
ALL-CAPS TYPING offended anyone, though I think that this detail
-- as well as the weird diction such as "WE ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY
EXTRACTING OUR FUNDS FROM THESE COMPUTER SOFTWARES" and
references to "A CHANGE OF REGIME IN MY COUNTRY" -- are what make
it realistic enough to be funny.

And I needed a laugh this Thursday, after reading the WSJ report
on SCO's bizarre argument that the GPL is invalid.  I'll post
more on that after I've had some sleep.

 --Matt.

Matthew F. Porter
Golden, Colorado