[CLUE-Talk] Microsoft runs linux

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Mon Aug 18 16:46:01 MDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 10:45, Charles Oriez wrote:
> An outfit called netcraft has a tool that tells you what any site is
> running on their web server.  Check out what OS Microsoft is running their
> web server on :-)
>
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.microsoft.com

Yeah, but if you look at the results, you can tell something's not quite
right:

"The site www.microsoft.com is running Microsoft-IIS/6.0 on Linux."

Uh-huh.

One notable recent convert is Best Buy -- I've had numerous problems
trying to order things online through Best Buy's Web site during the
holiday season, and about six months ago they were still running on NT
and IIS -- now they're running Linux, though it looks as though they're
using Akamai as well.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier