[CLUE-Talk] 2 GB limit

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Mon Aug 18 17:17:30 MDT 2003

There shouldn't be a 2GB limit in this setup but there is and
I can't find it:

machine A running g4u connected via anonymous ftp to machine B
running proftpd.  machine B is Libranet running the 2.4.20 kernel
and saving to /home/ftp on a reiserfs.

None of that has a 2G limit, yet the transfer stops at 2 GB.
g4u gets hung-up on by the ftp server; the ftp server seems
to be hung-up on by the filesystem but it shouldn't be.
I checked proftp and the version I have is ok past 2G, so is
reiserfs (I made a 4G file with cat >>).

Anyone see what I can check next?  I am using g4u to make
a disk image on the ftp server.

---
Roger Frank