[CLUE-Talk] Horrible flood of virus e-mails

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Thu Aug 21 06:19:51 MDT 2003

I am certainly seeing an increase in a few particular messages (the
wicked screensaver, et al).

I am pleased to see that bogofilter is doing a decent job at filtering
the spam.  I had been using popfile, but I had to use a web page to
adjust the classifications.  Now, I have bogofilter "integrated" with
gnus and I am once again in email bliss!

Well, almost.  Does anyone know of any serious proposals to deal with
the spam problem from a technological standpoint?  I seriously doubt
we can trust the morons elected to office to make a significant
stand.  And even if they do, the problem will just move oversees.

So, it seems it would be up to us, the few, the proud, the date-less,
to provide a real solution.  Realistically, filtering is only going to
get us so far.  IMHO, the email protocol itself needs work.  Any
pointers (besides google)?

-Dale