[CLUE-Talk] Microsoft incompetence of negligence?

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Mon Aug 25 00:48:02 MDT 2003

On Sunday 24 August 2003 09:41 pm, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 18:29, Dennis J Perkins wrote:

> >  Besides, patches should be tested before applying them to a network of
> > computers.  I suspect companies are starting to consider suing Microsoft
> > after these last two weeks.  Never mind that the license says MS is only
> > responsible for replacing defective CDs.  Microsoft has cost companies
> > millions or billions of dollars in labor, lost sales, etc, because of
> > the problems inherent in thier products.
>
> What about the government? Our Department of Homeland Security has
> standardized on Windows -- which is simply mind-boggling.

Who says? I know that Bush is pushing MS, but why do you say that "defense of
the father land" (tm by Bush in USA and others in other countries) is based
on MS? Bush is pushing MS, but that does not mean that all parts of
government is heading down this direction.

> > monopoly.
>
> After this week's fiasco, IT managers who buy Microsoft should be
> summarily fired. Period.

They should have been fired before hand. BTW, I have known a number that have
been fired over the alst few months.

--
cheers
g.r.r.