[CLUE-Talk] SCO/Any lawyers out there

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Mon Dec 8 12:25:43 MST 2003

Hey all,

By now I'm sure everyone has heard about the SCO/IBM hearing on Friday
-- IBM had both motions to compel granted while SCO's motion is put on
ice until they comply with IBM's requests.

One question: Are there any lawyers on the list, and could some light be
shed on the significance (or lack thereof) of the fact that Boies, et
al., did not appear on SCO's behalf.

I realize that this was simply a motion hearing and not a part of the
trial, but I would have expected someone from Boies' firm to have
appeared, given the amount of money involved. Am I reading too much into
the fact that Boies and co. failed to appear?

Best,
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier [jzb at dissociatedpress.net]
--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools." -- Douglas Adams