[CLUE-Talk] SCO/Any lawyers out there

Matthew Porter mfporter at c-creature.com
Mon Dec 8 21:53:44 MST 2003

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:25:43 -0700
"Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:

> Hey all,

> One question: Are there any lawyers on the list, and could some
> light be shed on the significance (or lack thereof) of the fact
> that Boies, et al., did not appear on SCO's behalf.
>
> I realize that this was simply a motion hearing and not a part
> of the trial, but I would have expected someone from Boies'
> firm to have appeared, given the amount of money involved. Am I
> reading too much into the fact that Boies and co. failed to
> appear?

This seemed pretty odd to me, but I'm not sure what to make of
it.  In a case where discovery matters are be so important, I'd
expect SCO to want their lead counsel to appear on their behalf.
Perhaps SCO/Boies believed a this result was inevitable, and
decided not to spend Boies' time on the hearing?

 --Matt.

Matthew Porter
Littleton, Colorado

mfporter at c-creature.com

This post is for general information and discussion only, and
should not be considered legal advice.