[CLUE-Talk] Going to war, how much to pay people

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sat Feb 1 08:41:41 MST 2003

On Friday 31 January 2003 09:47 pm, David Anselmi wrote:
> On the question of wisdom who is more wise, the Pope or the President?
> We know what the President says.  What does the Pope say?

VATICAN CITY (KUNA) - Pope John Paul II used his Christmas Day address to urge
the world to avoid war in the Middle East, an apparent reference to the
crisis over Iraq.

Without naming countries, the pope said efforts for peace were urgently needed
"in the Middle East, to extinguish the ominous smouldering of a conflict
which, with the joint efforts of all, can be avoided."

http://news.awse.com/26-Dec-2002/Politics/16460.htm

Jeff
--
    planet earth (tm)