[CLUE-Talk] Going to war, how much to pay people

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sun Feb 2 12:13:14 MST 2003

On 02-02 10:31, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> On Saturday 01 February 2003 08:41 am, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> > On Friday 31 January 2003 09:47 pm, David Anselmi wrote:
> > > On the question of wisdom who is more wise, the Pope or the President?
> > > We know what the President says.  What does the Pope say?
>
> P.S.  With regard to the Pope - for those inclined to exploring non-violence,
> check out Pax Christi:
>
> Pax Christi International is a non-profit, non-governmental Catholic peace
> movement that began in France at the end of World War II. Today, it is
> comprised of autonomous national sections, local groups, and affiliated
> organisations spread over 30 countries and 5 continents, with over 60,000
> members worldwide. The movement works in all areas of peace but has a
> specific focus on demilitarisation, security and arms trade, development and
> human rights, and ecology.
>
> http://www.paxchristi.net/  (International)
> http://www.paxchristiusa.com/  (USA Section)

The Society of Friends (Quakers) have a long tradition of the same:

http://www.quaker.org/#6a

My family attended Quaker meetings when I was a young one. Many of my
relatives live at Bruderhof communities, which also have a tradition of
pacifism:

http://www.bruderhof.org

I always chuckle to myself when one of the conservative commentators I
listens to talks about the "new" Religious Left and wonders where they come
from...especially since he's in Pennsylvania!!! :)

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Whatever fortune brings, don't be afraid of doing things.
-A. A. Milne