[CLUE-Talk] Sure its 'Not About Oil' was: Why Iraq? Why now?

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Feb 2 23:21:04 MST 2003

* Jed S. Baer (thag at frii.com) wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 21:03:03 -0700
> Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 01 February 2003 12:43 am, Matt Gushee wrote:
> > >
> > > If these projections are indeed well-known and believed in the oil
> > > industry, then we can reasonably guess that they are very much on Dick
> > > Cheney's mind. So here's a hypothesis:
> > >
> > >   Cheney and his war faction believe they are doing us all a favor by
> > >   going out and grabbing a share of the remaining oil before the shit
> > >   hits the fan.
> >
> > Wow!  Matt you are indeed perceptive and it would seem that you share an
> > opinion / hypothesis as others.  In this week's Business Week (10
> > February 2003), the 'It's Not "All About Oil", but has some interesting
> > facts regarding Iraqi oil reserves
> >
> > This story is available on-line, but only if you're a BW subscriber.
> > Posting full-text by subscribers is specifically excluded from the
> > reader agreement (thanks, DMCA!)  I have included a few quotes from the
> > article:
> >
> > http://www.businessweek.com/print/premium/content/03_06/b3819055.htm?m
> >
> > My opinion:  It's about oil.  Anyone who believes it's not all about oil
> > is naive.
>
> I like Bill Whittle's article:
>
> http://www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000027.html
>
> jed

I also think that we can not discount the fact that George W. is
understandably angry with Hussein.  The man tried to assassinate is
father.  I *hope* that W. is able to separate himself from his emotions
about that when so much is at stake ...

The US Army should *not* be his personal vengeance machine.

Tim
==  Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net  ==
==  http://i148.denver.dsl.forethought.net  ==