[CLUE-Talk] Sure its 'Not About Oil' was: Why Iraq? Why now?

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Wed Feb 5 19:46:53 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 20:28, Randy Arabie wrote:

> > So, when I read an essay that tries to justify war to resolve the conflict
> > with Saddam, I just can't agree.  None of the points in the essay (or any
> > point that anyone has yet told me) will sway my belief.
>
> Thanks for sharing your point of view.  I strongly disagree, but
> certainly respect your right to believe as you do.  That right, among
> others, is bestowed to you by God.  And, it has been paid for in
> blood by the men and women of the US Armed Forces.

I agree and I respect Jeff's viewpoint and respect his and everyone
else's, including those that I have disagreed with in earlier posts.
However, the one point I can't understand yet is: why are most people
trying to get to America?  Because of the freedoms we have, which
include speeck.  According to Sec. of State Powell, Hussein has
threatened his people with death for exposing Iraq's WMD.  We only put
them into prison for life, etc.

Kevin

--
Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com>