[CLUE-Talk] Linux Laptops

bill ehlert bill_ehlert_lists at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 02:06:22 MST 2003

**  "Z" - -

      if "around" may be defined as "the
    continental united states", you might
    find these guys useful:

        http://www.emperorlinux.com/

      their marketing proposition:  "we
    will sell no computer before its time."

      no, scratch that.  try this:

    "EmperorLinux is dedicated to bringing fully
configured Linux laptops, notebooks, and PDA's
  to the Linux/GNU/Open Source community. Our
systems are carefully chosen to be as
    Linux friendly as possible. We will not offer
a laptop until we are confident that it is
  configured to fully exploit its hardware. Our
systems are delivered out-of-the-box ready.
  That means X, sound, APM, modem, networking,
PCMCIA, USB, and more... "

    i don't know about their prices.

    if you wouldn't mind posting an occasional
report on your search, i'd appreciate it,
because i've been toying with the idea too.

                           "B"

--- Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier