[CLUE-Talk] Configure Mozilla's response to a mailto link?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Feb 14 11:29:31 MST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:01:30 -0700
mgushee at havenrock.com wrote:

> On 14 Feb 2003 at 6:09, Jeffery Cann wrote:
>
> > I would like the same thing to happen on my KDE
> > environment, but I'm not sure how / if I can configure
> > it.  I have Mozilla installed as 'browser only' and
> > KMail as my default mail client.  When I click on a
> > mailto: link from Konqueror, a KMail new window is
> > opened.
>
> So you want KMail to come up when you click on a mailto: link in
> Mozilla? You know, I don't think you can do that, at least not through
> the GUI. If you like the Mozilla family of browsers, and this is
> important to you, maybe you should try Galeon. I use it most of the
> time, and while I don't find it as much faster as I was led to believe,
> it's certainly somewhat lighter-weight than Mozilla, and it lets you
> configure your e-mail client.

Yeah! Galeon r0x!

Actually, I would guess that with the level of cooperation we've all heard
about betwixt KDE/Gnome, this should be possible, for any combination of
K/G browser/mailer. Real world, though, well ... it might take a few
occult incantations (muttered using vim into the proper cauldron of config
files). Fer example, I use Galeon and Sylpheed. I've entered the "mail"
command line into the Galeon prefs, and mailto links don't work. Sylpheed
gets "poked", but not to the point of openning the mail compose window.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl