[CLUE-Talk] Fwd: Linux Business Week - Seeking Writers

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Wed Jan 8 06:51:29 MST 2003

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, G. Richard Raab wrote:

> Cool. Of course you will have to submit everything in .doc and anything
> special will be done on asp as this is a Windows site. But hey, time to have
> some fun with a new type of syn flood or just simply cracking them. Yep think
> I will give them my credit card.

Really? Have you worked with this publisher before? I've yet to work
with a magazine or Web publisher that required anything other than
plain text. The only book publisher that I've worked with that required
the damned .doc format in all cases was Osborne/McGraw-Hill.
(Most book publishers prefer .doc, because that's what they're normally
set up for, but good editors will find ways around that if an author's
native tools don't include Windows/Word.)

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
http://www.dissociatedpress.net/