[CLUE-Talk] Going to war, how much to pay people

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Jan 30 18:01:15 MST 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 10:57:01PM -0700, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Yep, couldn't agree more!!  However, what we learned with WWII is that
> we let Hitler get too far and it became too costly to stop him after he
> got started.  If we had intervened a little sooner, not so many troops
> would have had to put their lives on the line.

... implying that Saddam Hussein's Iraq poses a threat comparable to
Nazi Germany? Okay, Mr. History Major, I'd like to see a good argument
for this position (careful: I was a history major too).

Standard Disclaimer: I am not questioning that Saddam Hussein is a
brutal, evil-minded dictator, only his ability to cause harm to us and
our allies.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.