[CLUE-Talk] The prism of our experience

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Thu Jul 10 12:34:19 MDT 2003

On Thursday 10 July 2003 10:52 am, Jeffery Cann wrote:

> Any responses from the pro-war folks on the list?

I am not pro-war, but not a pacifists either.

> I'm interested to hear opinions in light of this annoucement that the main
> reason for going to war (i.e., that Iraq has WMD) cited by Bush, Rumsfeld,
> Cheney was a BIG FAT LIE.

Well, not entirely. As I have said several times in this group, Biological and
Chemical weapons are fairly easy to produce. In fact, they have been used
through out history (Think plague or small pox). In fact, just about all
nations (and major terrorist groups) have access to these, if not outright
development of these. They are not that difficult.

As to the nukes, well that is a plain joke. The evidence that W produced was
shown not only to be total bull shit, but it was so bad, that nobody with an
IQ over 90 could assume it was true. As to their past program, I am sure that
they had one. I am also sure that they hide stuff. But I seriously doubt that
they have been developing it in the last decade.

> I am outraged that our so-called leader feels it is necessary to 'act on
> his conscience' at the expense of several THOUSANDS of lives (5K-7K killed
> during Iraq ware), several BILLIONS of dollars and at the integrity of the
> office.

Personally, I would have no problem if there were not so many inconsistancies.
North korea is a much greater threat to us (and China is a huge long term
one).
North korea does have nukes, biologicals, chemicals and rockets that can reach
at least the western edge of colorado. We have spent more money on holding
the 38th parallel than we have spent containing Iraq. As to support of
terrorist groups, Bin Ladin despises Iraq even more than they despise the
USA. The puppy gassing that CNN showed took place with the kurds (our
allies), not with the Iraq government.
Iran does support of terrorists and it is thought that they are persueing
nukes.
So the question is why Iraq, but not Iran or North Korea? It was certainly not
based on the threat to the US or Israel. That leaves few options. And based
on W's past integrity (actually lack thereof), there is few options.

> Jeff

- --
cheers
g.r.r.