[CLUE-Talk] "Liberal" media?

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Jul 18 02:17:27 MDT 2003

Here's are elegant (and factually supported) counter points:

"Given the success of Fox News, the Wall Street Journal editorial pages, the
Washington Times, the New York Post, The American Spectator, The Weekly
Standard, the New York Sun, National Review, Commentary, Limbaugh, Drudge,
etc., no sensible person can dispute the existence of a "conservative media."

"Unlike most of the publications named above, liberals, for some reason, feel
compelled to include the views of the other guy on a regular basis in just
the fashion that conservatives abhor."

"Patrick Buchanan, among the most conservative pundits and presidential
candidates in Republican history, found that he could not identify any
allegedly liberal bias against him during his presidential candidacies. "I've
gotten balanced coverage, and broad coverage--all we could have asked. For
heaven sakes, we kid about the 'liberal media,' but every Republican on earth
does that ..."

"And even William Kristol, without a doubt the most influential Republican /
neoconservative publicist in America today, has come clean on this issue. "I
admit it," he told a reporter. "The liberal media were never that powerful,
and the whole thing was often used as an excuse by conservatives for
conservative failures."

From: "What Liberal Media?"
 + http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20030224&s=alterman2&c=1

Jeff
--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."