[CLUE-Talk] "Liberal" media?

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Jul 18 02:22:55 MDT 2003

One other tidbit of facts from the article I cited in my previous post - a 12
year study of ideological content of the media...

"In a careful 1999 study published in the academic journal Communications
Research, four scholars examined the use of the "liberal media" argument and
discovered a fourfold increase in the number of Americans telling pollsters
that they discerned a liberal bias in their news. But a review of the media's
actual ideological content, collected and coded over a twelve-year period,
offered no corroboration whatever for this view. The obvious conclusion: News
consumers were responding to "increasing news coverage of liberal bias media
claims, which have been increasingly emanating from Republican Party
candidates and officials."

--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."