[CLUE-Talk] Copyright of SCO source code

Evan Widger PsychoI3oy at linkline.com
Mon Jul 21 23:37:54 MDT 2003

i think SCO is just like a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum screaming
for attention and yelling 'mine' while pointing at everything on the shelves
of the toy aisle, but that's neither here nor there

from a programming standpoint though, how could machine code be copywrited?
isn't it very likely that (when you're way down at the hardware level like
the linux kernel) two rather dissimilar pieces of source would end up
compiling and look alot alike in binary? i haven't touched C or C++ in too
long and wasn't that good at it when i did learn it but when you're talking
about something like an flock() isn't there really only about one or 2 ways
to do it, and even then the resulting binary would look alot alike if not
identical, wouldn't it? or am i showing my ignorance of C again?

- Evan