[CLUE-Talk] interesting home business article - from slashdot

psychoi3oy at linkline.com psychoi3oy at linkline.com
Fri Jul 25 19:32:28 MDT 2003

i'll skip the slashdot summary but this ->
http://homepage.mac.com/monickels/techjob.html  is an interesting article
for small business/home user tech support. being currently out of a job and
not the guru most companys want (how in the world can i have 4 years windows
XP experience? or 5 years experience and a bachelor's, i'm only 22 for peets
sake) this actually sounds like an interesting job opportunity. my biggest
problem is initial capital (business cards, flyers, tools, software perhaps)
and the fact that i have next to no business sense. i cave in too easily
when it comes to people whining about something costing too much, i'm
perhaps a little too customer satisfaction oriented (a habit i picked up
working at an oldschool service station, doing full serve gas, etc) and fear
that i'd be too nice for my own pocketbook's good. but if i could do this
kind of work, even part time, i'm sure i could make money at it and i'd just
cringe when it came time for taxes (i remember my mom pouring over pages of
tax stuff when it came time for her to deduct stuff from her home daycare
business, and i can't stand reading mindless tax drivel). based on the
article and what you all know about the climate in denver (something i'm
sorely unaware of having only been here 3 weeks) would this be a good thing
to look into? or should i shrug and keep hitting monster.com and hope for
the best there?

Thanks in advance,
   Evan Widger
   Psychoi3oy at linkline.com (you can email me personally if you feel it'd