[CLUE-Talk] interesting home business article - from slashdot

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Sat Jul 26 10:35:27 MDT 2003

On Saturday 26 July 2003 06:54 am, Charles Oriez wrote:
> At 02:29 AM 7/26/2003 -0600, G. Richard Raab wrote:
> >

> >BTW, another thought.
> >You have to have good contacts. If I can suggest a way to develop these,
> > help your local school / library.
> >I currently help a small town school out on the plains. They were running
> > all MS and finding it expensive. I have helped them create a nice server
> > that uses squidguard for filtering.
>
> hmmm.  Our Recycle IT project decided to start with a pilot project in one
> DPS school.  Sounds like you'd be an asset

Depends on what you are needing.
if simple political affermation, of how well it works,  you may wish to
contact byers school and talk to Larry Musgrave. Very nice guy.

You may wish to speak to Rita as well. I have not met here, but I do know that
she is connected with this group due to her Charter school running Linux.

if you are wanting the tech skinny, I can certainly help you, but so could
some of the others here.

Besides, I really cheated. I used Mandrake and then used webmin for managing
it.

I figure that if there are multiple sysads playing with it of varying degrees,
then it is best to have a higher level interface rather than simple file
manipulation.

But if you need something else, let me know