[CLUE-Talk] Author, Consumer, and Computer Owner Protection and Security (ACCOPS) Act of 2003

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Jul 27 09:07:16 MDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:52:57 -0600
Dennis J Perkins <djperkins at americanisp.net> wrote:

> So this bill, if enacted, will criminalize about 1/5 of our population?

Well, if they're providingng/downloading unlicensed/payed-for copies of
copyrighted material, then they're already criminals, no?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the RIAA/MPAA dying a quick and painful
death. But does this bill target, in any way, people who are providing
either works in the public domain or works to which they hold the rights?

jed