[CLUE-Talk] Author, Consumer, and Computer Owner Protection and Security (ACCOPS) Act of 2003

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Mon Jul 28 19:51:33 MDT 2003

On Monday 28 July 2003 19:19, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

> Have it repealed... As far as I'm concerned, our drug laws are just as
> stupid and unpopular as the DMCA or the proposed ACCOPS -- and look how
> many people are doing time now for possession of "forbidden" substances.
> Just breaking the law isn't going to work -- it will just lead to a lot
> of people going to jail.

I guess I'm looking at the problem from a personal perspective.  I think
that's the point of civil disobedience.  Sure, you can go to jail, but you're
protesting an unjust law.  Simply 'having it repealed' is way easier said
than done.  Perhaps at the state level, you can personally get a referendum
going but at the federal level?

Thanks for the reply.
Jeff

--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."