[CLUE-Talk] SQL-99 inner joins

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Jun 12 19:01:17 MDT 2003

I've heard people in person and online claim that to be SQL-99 compliant for
inner joins, the JOIN ON syntax must be used (vs. just doing it in the where
clause). But I've seen people also refute that claim and that BOTH styles
are SQL-99. Not being able to find an online reference, I haven't been able
to verify either claim.

It's usually MS SQL Server folks that have made the claim that JOIN ON is
"faster". I think that's only on the parse - which is usually negligible.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to
talk, mad to be saved... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing,
but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like
spiders across the stars.
-Jack Kerouac