[CLUE-Talk] Seeking advice for a digital camera

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Jun 16 17:40:36 MDT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:52:20 -0600
bof <bof at pcisys.net> wrote:

> I'm thinking about buying a digital camera for my wife. It needs to be
> simple (point and click), relative inexpensive (say, less than $400)
> and, of course, be usable with Linux.
>
> Any recommendations?

http://panda.mostang.com/sane/sane-mfgs.html

Lists Kodak and Polaroid. IIRC, the gphoto backend works with several
mfrs.

I recall some talk about cameras on the SANE mailing list as well, so you
might either subscribe, or search their archives. The folks on the SANE
list are very helpful.

http://panda.mostang.com/sane/mail.html

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl