[CLUE-Talk] How much to pay for domain service.

Gary Threlkeld gthrelk at attbi.com
Mon Jun 23 20:43:31 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com>
To: <clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 6:55 PM
Subject: [CLUE-Talk] How much to pay for domain service.

> Hi Folks.
>
> Just got another "reminder" notice for my domain, which is up in July.
> Here's the rub. My ISP is billing "domain registry" seperately from "DNS
> service". It's more $$ than I was expecting.
>
> So, how much are folks paying, annually, for their domains -- complete
> with DNS? I see godaddy.com is charging $8.95/yr. I've seen other hosting
> companies in the $10-13 range, and I've assumed they include DNS with
> that. godaddy.com, for example, doesn't list any "extra charges".
>
> jed
>------------------------------

Jed -

Interesting timing.  I just signed up for another domain name today
with godaddy.com.  I have had a domain name registered with
with them for the past couple of years (although I host it through
another ISP).

Godaddy seems to be especially responsive to domain name
registrations - being that they are known for the volume they
process.  They also seem to be aggressive with other services
like domain forwarding/masking.  I've yet to be disappointed
with them and they are responsive to customer service requests
and its easy to login and see where your order stands.  They will
automatically send out reminder emails when your expiration is
coming up and if you have a credit card on file, can automatically
renew for you if you want.

BTW, I used to be with Network Solutions.  What a rip!
Expensive and I had some problems getting things set up.

Gary