[CLUE-Talk] How much to pay for domain service.

Gary Threlkeld gthrelk at attbi.com
Tue Jun 24 01:03:43 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com>
To: <clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Talk] How much to pay for domain service.

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:43:31 -0600
> "Gary Threlkeld" <gthrelk at attbi.com> wrote:
>
> > From: "Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com>
>
> > > So, how much are folks paying, annually, for their domains -- complete
> > > with DNS? I see godaddy.com is charging $8.95/yr. I've seen other
> > > hosting companies in the $10-13 range, and I've assumed they include
> > > DNS with that. godaddy.com, for example, doesn't list any "extra
> > > charges".

> > Godaddy seems to be especially responsive to domain name
> > registrations - being that they are known for the volume they
> > process.  They also seem to be aggressive with other services
> > like domain forwarding/masking.  I've yet to be disappointed
> > with them and they are responsive to customer service requests
>
> So, the $8.95 is all-inclusive then? You can verify that?
>
> jed
> --

Jed -

I re-read your previous post.  Not sure I fully understand what
additional services that you are looking for aside from the
domain registration itself.  You did mention specifically DNS.
Not sure exactly what your requirements are but per
godaddy's website it looks like "limited" service is included
but might be additional fees for advanced DNS management.

Take a look at this link.  Maybe it will give you a better feel
for what's included.

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/dns_super.asp

Hope this helps.  I don't want to steer you wrong.

Gary