[CLUE-Talk] How much to pay for domain service.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jun 24 18:10:54 MDT 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:03:43 -0600
"Gary Threlkeld" <gthrelk at attbi.com> wrote:

> http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/dns_super.asp

Well, it says:

You get the following DNS management capability FREE with every domain:

    * Add up to five sub-domains forwarded or pointed to a particular
hosting account or Web page directory
    * Add up to five MX records that designate your choice of mail servers
for your Go Daddy.com-hosted site or parked page

Sounds as if I'd have to pay more, or do something else, to get control of
the MX record, if my site is hosted somewhere else.

I truly feel as if I'm comparing apples and oranges. <whine> I also wish
it were possible for clarity to somehow be found amidst all the marketing
hype I find on registrar pages. </whine>

Perhaps I'll just forget about it.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl