[CLUE-Talk] Emergency... need hosting suggestions right away.

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Thu Mar 6 11:32:32 MST 2003

Hi all,

I've been hosted on phpwebhosting.com for quite some time, but recently
the server that my site is hosted on has been having outages for hours
at a time - usually during business hours or in the early evening, which
means I cannot send or retrieve email in addition to putting my webpages
out of commission. Today it was down for more than three hours, which
was the last straw.

I know the topic has been discussed on the list before, but I need a
good recommendation for a provider that offers Linux, PHP, MySQL and
Perl with a fair amount of disk space, traffic and that will allow
multiple e-mail accounts (and SSH, natch).

I don't need obscene amounts of disk space or transfer, but the key
thing is reliability -- it'd be a pleasant change to be able to get
e-mail 24/7...

I'd like to keep the pricing reasonable... something under $50 a month
would be ideal.

Thanks,

Zonker
--