[CLUE-Talk] Linux Fun-da-mentals space-needs reminder

David Willson dlwillson at thegeek.nu
Wed Mar 12 11:49:25 MST 2003

Linux Fun-da-mentals is a hands-on Linux learning lab.  We usually have
an hour of Q&A/setup time, and a couple hours of instructor-led
material.  We have done units on Python, C, bash, shell-scripting, setup
of OpenOffice, and perl.  We want to do units on Apache, PHP, Samba, and
firewalling.

Our resource requirements are ridiculous, considering that we have no
money.  We need about 4 complete PCs (P2-400 or better) that are capable
of booting from the CDROM.  We also need about 4 KVM-stations (monitor,
keyboard, mouse) where people can hook up a desktop system that they
bring from home.  We also need 4-8 relatively flat spaces where a person
can set up a laptop.  And lastly, a projector is always nice to have,
but not critical.  Ridiculous, eh?

'When' is flexible, but our habit has been to meet on the first and
third Wednesday of each month, from 5PM to 8:30PM, then go have coffee
and/or breakfast afterward.