[CLUE-Talk] Marketing to CLUE Members

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Mar 14 21:50:22 MST 2003

El Presidente de CLUE wrote:
> On Friday 14 March 2003 03:53 pm, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
[...]
>>But, you raise a good point... we do need to put up a policy, and
>>pronto. We can't just assume there's an unspoken policy that everyone
>>will absorb through some kind of netiquette osmosis.
>

> I agree.  Even though we have links to NetEtiquette on the CLUE Resources
> page.  The fact is that the lists do not explicitly state 'no commercial or
> unsolicited offers'.  This will change in the next few days.

Do we need a change?  This has happened perhaps twice in the past year
-- Rick's post and the local computer shop that posted a "hey check out
this cool place" message.  Both times the list piled on the perpetrator
who came out the worse for it.  Seems like a reasonable system to me.

The lists do pretty well avoiding mass-mailing spam so I think technical
changes are unnecessary.  In this particular case, little harm was done
and a list member learned a lesson.  Would we be better off banning him
from the list?

What is our de-facto policy?  Doesn't it meet our needs?

Too much has been said on this already, I think, so I won't say anymore.

Peace,
Dave