[CLUE-Talk] Memory upgrade for older laptop

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 17 13:24:32 MST 2003

Hello Everyone:

Hope this is an acceptable posting for this list -- I am trying to do a
little networking by joining this list. I plan on coming to some of the
meetings when I have no conflicts with meetings for school -- probably this
summer.

I am looking for some USED memory for an older laptop. It will be used to
boot either to Win98 or a Linux Terminal Server via floppy. The laptop is a
Satellite 2535CDS which takes the 3.3V EDO DRAM (60ns, 66 MHz, 144-pin
DIMM). I would love to find a 128MB DIMM, but would be thrilled to get a 64
at a reasonable price. This is for a charter school that has no money. If I
could find one at a reasonable price I am planning on buying it as a
donation for the school.

Anyone out there know anyone into used laptops or parts for older laptops?
They also have two other older laptops that need repair so if I could locate
someone in the Linux community that is into older laptops, perhaps I can
find the parts to get these machines back to work, or perhaps someone who
might like to trade for the parts. (They both run). I think one needs a new
screen (the screen image jumps around) and the other will only run off the
battery and not the power cord. They can't afford a new battery, and the old
battery will only hold a charge for about 30 minutes.

TIA,

Rita Gibson
Tech/Net Support
Rocky Mountain School of Expeditionary Learning
(Running 75% of our network with open source.)