[CLUE-Talk] Memory upgrade for older laptop

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Mon Mar 17 14:13:20 MST 2003

Hi Rita,

> Hope this is an acceptable posting for this list -- I am trying to do a
> little networking by joining this list. I plan on coming to some of the
> meetings when I have no conflicts with meetings for school -- probably this
> summer.

Perfectly acceptable.

> I am looking for some USED memory for an older laptop. It will be used to
> boot either to Win98 or a Linux Terminal Server via floppy. The laptop is a
> Satellite 2535CDS which takes the 3.3V EDO DRAM (60ns, 66 MHz, 144-pin
> DIMM). I would love to find a 128MB DIMM, but would be thrilled to get a 64
> at a reasonable price. This is for a charter school that has no money. If I
> could find one at a reasonable price I am planning on buying it as a
> donation for the school.

Would this fit the bill?
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=8X64NB66
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=16X64NB66

They don't say EDO, but I think that's what you're looking for.  It's
only $8 more for the 128.

> Anyone out there know anyone into used laptops or parts for older laptops?
> They also have two other older laptops that need repair so if I could locate
> someone in the Linux community that is into older laptops, perhaps I can
> find the parts to get these machines back to work, or perhaps someone who
> might like to trade for the parts. (They both run). I think one needs a new
> screen (the screen image jumps around) and the other will only run off the
> battery and not the power cord. They can't afford a new battery, and the old
> battery will only hold a charge for about 30 minutes.

Hmmm... sorry there, I have tons of old PC parts laying about, but I'm
fresh out of old laptop parts. Good luck, though.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier