[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: MRC Alert Special: ABC's War News Touts Doubt and Dissent]

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Wed Mar 26 15:37:58 MST 2003

On Wednesday, 26 March 2003 at 11:36:26 -0700, G. Richard Raab
<rraab at 12-254-22-176.client.attbi.com> wrote:

> Cool. So when W. sent 100 Million aid to Taliban, just prior to 9-11, he was
> traitorous. Likewise, Raygun was as well for the Iran-Contra affair or for
> the real probability that he cut a deal with iran to have them hold the
> hostages longer for his personal gain.

I don't consider conspiracy theories to be relavent here.  I really
don't have time...

Where did you hear "W" sent $100M to the Taliban?  I just did a quick
Google, and this was the top link:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=30166

<QUOTE>

Murray pushed for aid
to Taliban before 9-11
Senator urged Bush administration
to send $30 million to bin Laden hosts

WASHINGTON . Sen. Patty Murray, D-Washington, who told schoolchildren
Osama bin Laden was beloved by his people because of his compassionate
social spending programs, was one of 13 U.S. senators to urge the Bush
administration to send $30 million in taxpayer aid to his Taliban hosts
in Afghanistan just five months before Sept. 11.

</QUOTE>

These are the Google searches I used:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Bush+%2B+%22aid+to+Taliban%22

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Bush+%2B+%22aid+to+Afghanistan%22+%22before+9%2F11%22