[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: MRC Alert Special: ABC's War News Touts Doubt and Dissent]

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Wed Mar 26 16:25:39 MST 2003

On 2003 March 26 Wednesday 03:37 pm, Randy Arabie wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 March 2003 at 11:36:26 -0700, G. Richard Raab
>
> <rraab at 12-254-22-176.client.attbi.com> wrote:
> > Cool. So when W. sent 100 Million aid to Taliban, just prior to 9-11, he
> > was traitorous. Likewise, Raygun was as well for the Iran-Contra affair
> > or for the real probability that he cut a deal with iran to have them
> > hold the hostages longer for his personal gain.
>
> I don't consider conspiracy theories to be relavent here.  I really
> don't have time...

Iran-Contra was well documented. Just that the republican party was unwilling
to appoint somebody who would dig.

> Where did you hear "W" sent $100M to the Taliban?  I just did a quick
> Google, and this was the top link:
>
> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=30166
>
> <QUOTE>
>
> Murray pushed for aid
> to Taliban before 9-11
> Senator urged Bush administration
> to send $30 million to bin Laden hosts
>
> WASHINGTON . Sen. Patty Murray, D-Washington, who told schoolchildren
> Osama bin Laden was beloved by his people because of his compassionate
> social spending programs, was one of 13 U.S. senators to urge the Bush
> administration to send $30 million in taxpayer aid to his Taliban hosts
> in Afghanistan just five months before Sept. 11.
>
> </QUOTE>
>
> These are the Google searches I used:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Bush+%2B+%22aid+
>to+Taliban%22
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Bush+%2B+%22aid+
>to+Afghanistan%22+%22before+9%2F11%22

I was wrong - it was $43 million in aid. You may need to change your google
searchs.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=bush+taliban+%2443+Million+aid&btnG=Google+Search

BTW, the money actually did get to the taliban. So he keeps offering comfort
and aid to the enemy.
I do find it interesting that the 30 million sought by dems seems to have more
play then the 43 million actually given by the republicans (just months prior
to the attack ).

- --
cheers
g.r.r.