[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: MRC Alert Special: ABC's War News Touts Doubt and Dissent]

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Wed Mar 26 18:11:05 MST 2003

On Wednesday, 26 March 2003 at 16:25:39 -0700, G. Richard Raab <rraab at plusten.com> wrote:

> On 2003 March 26 Wednesday 03:37 pm, Randy Arabie wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 26 March 2003 at 11:36:26 -0700, G. Richard Raab
> >
> > <rraab at 12-254-22-176.client.attbi.com> wrote:
> > > Cool. So when W. sent 100 Million aid to Taliban, just prior to 9-11, he
> > > was traitorous. Likewise, Raygun was as well for the Iran-Contra affair
> > > or for the real probability that he cut a deal with iran to have them
> > > hold the hostages longer for his personal gain.
> >
> > I don't consider conspiracy theories to be relavent here.  I really
> > don't have time...
>
> Iran-Contra was well documented. Just that the republican party was unwilling
> to appoint somebody who would dig.

My comment wasn't directed at the Iran-Contra scandal.  FWIW, people
were convicted.  However, you should note no evidence was presented that
substantiated the claims that Reagan "cut a deal with iran to have them
hold the hostages longer for his personal gain."

I'm not here to defend the Republican party. Sadly, some who were
convicted in the Iran-Contra are still holding prominant positions in
government, Elliot Abrams and Admiral Poindexter to name two.

> I was wrong - it was $43 million in aid. You may need to change your google
> searchs.
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=bush+taliban+%2443+Million+aid&btnG=Google+Search
>
> BTW, the money actually did get to the taliban. So he keeps offering comfort
> and aid to the enemy.

This search only brings up one source of that story, an Op-Ed piece by
Robert Scheer.  A quick scan of the titles of his columns clearly
indicates his bias.

*IF* $43 million in aid was actually contributed to such a program, I
would expect that it went to UN Programs designed to assist farmers
agricultural endevors other than opium.

FWIW, I'm pretty much opposed to the "War On Drugs"...at least in the
form it has taken.

> I do find it interesting that the 30 million sought by dems seems to have more
> play then the 43 million actually given by the republicans (just months prior
> to the attack ).

It shouldn't suprise you...the media is just part of a vast right-wing
conspiracy ;)
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy