[CLUE-Talk] Charlie Daniels comments, article about Saddam's sons.

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Thu Mar 27 08:16:02 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 06:09, G. Richard Raab wrote:

> > IMO, they should either be granted the same rights as a criminal in the
> > US, or be given POW status.  Since they were apprehended in a conflict,
> > I think POW status is more appropriate.
>
> When W. pulled that crap, I heard many arguments that this would allow other
> to treat our future captured troops in the same fashion. I have been
> surprised that Iraq/Middle East has not thrown that up to us.

Yet.

> 	Personally, I agree that POW status is more appropiate, I would like to see
> the top al-qaeda guns be tried on criminal charges back in NY, and then be
> given life in prison in NY upon a successful conviction.

What about the others? Assuming some of the prisoners are just militia
or whatever, should they be turned loose at some point?

I'm kind of curious what the purpose is of just holding them in Cuba
now...there's obviously no information they could give us. What does the
administration plan to do with them?

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier