[CLUE-Talk] Charlie Daniels comments, article about Saddam's sons.

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Thu Mar 27 09:53:13 MST 2003

On 2003 March 27 Thursday 09:27 am, David Willson wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> After reading the ~extremely~ lengthy A.I. memo, I see that our
> President and his administration, are NOT ignoring A.I.  I see that the
> worst they can be accused of is giving A.I. a 'legal runaround.'
>
> And I think it is preposterous to group
> detention-under-questionable-circumstances with the horrific torture
> going on under the Hussein regime.  Let me ask you, "Which would you
> rather endure: two weeks as Saddam Hussein's POW or two years as George
> W. Bush's detained illegal immigrant?  Where do you think your body and
> mind would be safer from permanent serious damage?

Interesting.

	My ex-girlfirend is a Panamian national. She was held in noriega's dungeons
for protesting and for her family protesting against the pineapple (her
father was killed). During that time, she was raped and beaten sensless
repeatidly by the guards. She was kept awake for 4-6 days at a time.
They were being instructed by a set of americans at the time. They were
supposedly CIA. These americans would not do the dirty work, but apparently
were in the cell while all the rest was going on and instructing exactly what
to do. This was in early 80's when Noreiga was cooperating with Reagan.

	Now, I am curious as to why you think that we are not doing exactly what
sadaam is doing. What exactly is going on in cuba? Do you know for real. Have
you seen it? Have you been there the whole time?

	If you are basing it off what W has to say, then, look at all the evidence
that was presented to the UN about iraq's  envolvement in nukes sales. It
turned out to be totally fabricated. Apparently a piss poor one at that.
That is just one reason out of many to not trust our current admin (or our
past ones, either).

>Which of the two is
> going to allow you an opportunity to whine to AI about not having access
> to your lawyer?

Great. What difference does it matter if you are being held incommudicato.

> Do you suppose that if you were GWB's detained illegal
> immigrant, you'd want to go home to Iraq?

Lets see: Being beaten, certainly mentally, and possibly physically, by W's
ppl are taking chances in a huge coutry where I can fight or run. Hummmmmm.
tough choice.

> I understand that keeping POW's without calling them POW's is
> questionable, but we need to be clear on the difference between inhumane
> and  questionable.

	Once again, look up above. You make assumptions. We see or hear what the
current admin wishes us to see/hear.  You say questionable, but you really do
not know. You say sadaam is inhumane with our troops, but you really do not
know (I would assume though, that I have no desire to be there or for anybody
to be there).

- --
cheers
g.r.r.