[CLUE-Talk] Traitors, Cowards, Scoundrels, and Intelligent Dissenters

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Sat Mar 29 08:02:11 MST 2003

On 2003 March 29 Saturday 07:36 am, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 21:02, Kevin Cullis wrote:

> > > I am not convinced that we should be doing this.  Who appointed us
> > > policemen of the world?  Is there enough of a threat to justify the
> > > war?  What if we don't find the proof we're looking for?
> >
> > So, you'd wait for another 9/11?
>
> Are you ready to take on the entire Arab world, Kevin? Cause that's
> right where your logic would take us. And if we wanted to prevent
> another 9/11, why not start with Saudi Arabia, where the majority of the
> 9/11 terrorists came from in the first place? Not Iraq.

I suggest that we look in our own back yard first.
OK, CO, TX, MT
All are hotbeds for dissent groups. Nazi, far Rightwing, fasicism is just as
much a threat as Al-Qaeda. Think KKK, NeoNazi, etc. All these thrive in the
C. Springs.
Al-Qaeda simply got off one better then what happened in OK.

> And, I should point out, that we've pretty much guaranteed that Islamic
> terrorists will be stepping up their efforts to harm us thanks to our
> actions.
> And we're breeding a whole new crop of potential terrorists in
> Iraq now as well.

Somehow, I do not believe that entirely. It will depend on how we act and what
we do.
If we go in, install a puppet government, take their oil, etc, then yeah, you
can bet on it that we will have a whole new group coming at us. Unfortunalty,
it is what I suspect will happen.

> In supposedly trying to prevent another 9/11, we've
> probably guaranteed one.
 Most likely.

> Let's remember - there have been NO PROVEN TIES between Iraq and Al
> Qaeda. None, zip, nada, zero. There have been a number of claims, but
> nothing proven.

Somebody posted yesterday with the Brits saying that they have found proof of
cooperation between Sadaam and Al-Qaeda. I will be very curious to see if it
was true,  a misinterpetation of fact or a prisioner being tortured that
would say anything to get out of it. The fact that it came from the Brits
rather than an admin that is a known lier makes me sit up and pay attention.

- --
cheers
g.r.r.