It is all about Oil [WAS Re: [CLUE-Talk] Traitors, Cowards, Scoundrels, and Intelligent Dissenters]

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Sat Mar 29 08:31:22 MST 2003

I'm really, really sick of hearing this:

On Saturday, 29 March 2003 at  7:36:31 -0700, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <clue at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:

"... - the administration is after the oil, end of story."

Joe, there have been a number of claims, but nothing proven.  None, zip,
nada, zero.  The evidence isn't any more substantial than the evidence
that links Iraq to terrorism.

In making such statements you are implying that the 70%** of the American
people who support the war to disarm Iraq and liberate it's people are
in fact a bunch of useful idiots who have been duped into supporting
the worlds largest armed robbery.  Not only are 70% of American people
now useful idiots, but the Bush administration has also managed to
dupe the leaders of over 40*** coalition nations.

What really suprises me, is that this statement came from someone who
repeatedly whines about people being lumped into categories unfairly by
the use of labels like liberal, lefty, anti-American, Marxist, etc...
Granted, your whinning isn't totally baseless.  However, I would expect
you to be a little more cautious before making statements that greatly
oversimplify the situtation and consequently imply that anyone who
thinks the war is justified is a useful idiot.

** Approximate, grabbed from a quick look here:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82357,00.html, my favorite
"right-wing" propaganda machine. I'm sure there are polls that show
different numbers, but the point is a significant number of Americans
(if not a majority) support the war.

*** Here is a recent list:
http://usinfo.state.gov/topical/pol/usandun/03032002.htm
--