[CLUE-Talk] SCO sucks

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Thu May 15 17:00:38 MDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 03:57 pm, Kirk Rafferty wrote:

> If anyone here hasn't read ESR's Position Paper on SCO v IBM, it's an
> excellent read, and also has some good information on just how irrelevant
> SCO's products and mindshare are today.  It's at
> http://www.opensource.org/sco-vs-ibm.html.

Thanks for the link!  It's quite funny that SCO's claims are so clueless.

My wife is an attorney for J.D. Edwards.  They have a big agreement with IBM
($50M) that she negotiated last year , so she is aware of IBM, it's culture
and business practices.

When I told her that IBM was being sued by SCO, her reply was 'Who?'  I think
that speaks volumes about how few business folks have heard of SCO.

I don't think SCO will even make it to court.  I think they are looking to get
some cash out of IBM and/or be acquired by them.  IMHO, neither will happen
and SCO's case will be either thrown out or they will lose.

Jeff

--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."