[CLUE-Talk] Bush Tells the Truth

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Nov 5 16:07:54 MST 2003

But of course, that must be some deluded right-wing apologist talking, eh?

No, it's Dick Gephart. From Instapundit.com:

<quote>
MAYBE THIS ANSWERS MICKEY KAUS'S QUESTION about why former Clinton
officials aren't criticizing Bush on the Iraq war. Reader Bob Conyne sends
this interesting statement by Richard Gephardt:

    Could you explain your vote authorizing the President to take action
against Iraq? What is you[r] disengagement plan?

    Rep. Richard A Gephardt: I supported the resolution because I gained
information from the CIA and other former Clinton security officials that
Iraq either had weapons or components of weapons of mass destruction. I
have been severely critical of President Bush's inability or unwillingness
to get more international UN help in Iraq. Getting that help is the only
way we can succeed.

(Emphasis added). This would seem to undercut the "Bush lied about WMD"
argument, wouldn't it?
</quote>

Doesn't look like permalinks are working on Glenn's site. He also points
to http://www.cdharris.net/archives/2003_11.html#002938

So, I guess Gephart agrees with the rest of these Democrats:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

Later,
jed