[CLUE-Talk] Need Qwest DSL 'modem'

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Nov 5 23:48:12 MST 2003

black at galaxy.silvren.com wrote:

>I have a 678 if you are interested. Please email me offline.
>

>On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Timothy Klein wrote:
>

>>Anyone out here have a working Cisco 678 or Actiontec 152x that they
>>would be willing to part with? (For a fair price, of course).  Or does
>>anybody know of a local place where I could buy one?  Qwest only leases
>>the modems now,  and I have no desrire to pay them $12 / mo. in perpetuity.
>>
>>I have moved and thus had to transfer my DSL service, so my old Cisco
>>675, which was CAP only, will not work with my new service, which will
>>be installed as DMT tomorrow.  I have an Intel POS that I can use until
>>I get a new one, but it will only work with my laptop, which has Win2K.
>>This pains me greatly.  Though not as greatly as dial-up pains me.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Timothy Klein

Thanks very much for the offer, but I have opted to try the Zoom that
they had at MicroCenter, mentioned earlier.  After hours of gnashing and
screaming, I have gotten it to work.  (Note:  Qwest uess VPI/VCI of
0/32.  Very important, ISP didn't catch that I had it at 0/35, I found
it out myself  randomly on the web).

It seems like a nice router/firewall/dsl modem deal.

Thanks again,

Tim