[CLUE-Talk] Need Qwest DSL 'modem'

Evan Widger PsychoI3oy at linkline.com
Thu Nov 6 19:56:17 MST 2003

does anyone know what technology qwest uses for dsl? a friend of mine
recommened efficient speedstream modems (made by siemens) as an inexpensive
but reliable modem. i've found several on ebay in the $10-20 range, but need
to make sure they're compatable. the friend that has a speedstream is on
g.lite ADSL, but said the 52xx series supports DMT, too. I'm in aurora near
I-225 and Mississippi if that tells anyone what region of service i'll be
in.

just for reference i will be using techangle as my ISP, probably only going
with 256/256 service for now cause it'll be that much better than dialup but
still cost not too much.

and i already looked on qwest's website, which doesn't say anything, and
from what i've read the cisco 678 does just about any type of dsl, so that
didn't narrow it down.

- Evan Widger
   PsychoI3oy at linkline.com