[CLUE-Talk] HELP!

Casey Marincin consolejockey01 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 16:54:43 MST 2003

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get a distribution of Linux installed onto my new computer,
but I have two dilemmas.  First, I have trimmed down my distribution options
to either the new Mandrake or Lycoris.  Which one should I choose (keep in
mind I am completely new to Linux and want to use it primarily for writting
programs and playing music)?  Also, I have no idea exactly which files that
I need to download.  I want to have my hardrive partitioned for both Linux
and Windows (I don't even know how to partition my harddrive yet), so should
I choose a cd-bootable iso or a harddrive-bootable iso?  Can someone give me
an explicit step-by-step instruciton list for what files I need to download
and how to install Linux?

-Thanks